Revision June 2014
1. Types of Information Collected. We collect two types of information from users of our Site: Personally Identifiable Information and Non-Personally Identifiable Information.
4. Uses of Information Collected. We use the information collected on the Site for a variety of purposes, including: providing the services and/or customer support you request, resolving disputes and troubleshooting problems, enforcing our agreements, doing research to protect and improve our services, and notifying you via email of surveys, new features, updates and promotional offers. We may also use certain data for administrative and analytical purposes such as Site management. We may also use Personally Identifiable Information to offer you other services, promotions, surveys or other opportunities from SEW FYI or affiliated companies.
5. Sharing of Information Collected. We may share the information that we collect from and about you in a variety of ways, as follows:
- Partners. We may share Personally Identifiable Information as well as Non-Personally Identifiable Information (e.g., via cookies) with partners who choose to list their goods, services or promotions on the Site, or with whom we affiliate in order to provide you with certain services. The affiliated sites may have different privacy practices and we encourage you to read their privacy policies.
- Third Party Vendors. We employ third party vendors and service providers to assist us in developing, hosting and maintaining our Site and databases, advertising, sending and receiving email and other communications, and analyzing data. These third parties may have access to Personally Identifiable Information as reasonably necessary to perform these services, but they are not allowed to use that information except for the purposes of providing these services for us.
6. Compliance with Law. In connection with legal process, such as a court order, subpoena, official investigation or otherwise as required by law, we may be required to disclose certain Personally Identifiable Information to third parties. We may also report to law enforcement authorities any conduct we believe to be illegal, and may release Personally Identifiable Information to law enforcement authorities if we suspect it is related to unlawful conduct, or if necessary to protect our rights or property or to protect the safety of our employees or others. We may also release Personally Identifiable Information as part of a dispute resolution process.
9. Security. SEW FYI employs a variety of security measures to protect your information, including encryption, passwords, physical security, etc. We restrict access to personal information to SEW FYI employees, contractors, and agents who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our services. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution, if they fail to meet these obligations. When you submit sensitive information to us, we protect the transfer of that information through industry standard encryption technology. However, no data transmissions over the Internet can be guaranteed to be entirely secure. It is always possible that, despite our best efforts to insure the safety and security of your personal information, third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications. Therefore, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you submit to us. You will be required to select a secure password when registering, in order to use all the features of the Site. Please be sure to choose your password with care. Use unique numbers, letters, and special characters and do not disclose your password to anyone. SEW FYI is not liable for loss of passwords due to user carelessness. If you believe your password has been compromised, please change it immediately.
- Links. SEW FYI cannot control and is not responsible for the privacy practices or content of websites that might be linked to our Site, or which show as links on our Site. Please read the privacy statements of each linked site prior to submitting Personally Identifiable Information to that site.
- User Generated Contents. By posting, distributing, sending or displaying any comment, message (including email), data, information, text, music, sound, photos, graphics, or other content (the "User Generated Content") to the Site, you (A) grant, and represent and warrant that you have the right to grant, to SEW FYI a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, transferable, irrevocable, fully paid and sublicenseable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, translate, distribute, publish, create derivative works from, and publicly display and perform, the User Generated Content throughout the world; (B) grant SEW FYI and its affiliates and sublicensees the right to use the name that you submit in connection with such User Generated Content; and (C) represent and warrant that (i) you own and control all of the rights to the User Generated Content that you post or otherwise distribute, or you otherwise have the lawful right to post and distribute such User Generated Content to or through the Site; (ii) such User Generated Content is accurate and not misleading; and (iii) use and posting or other transmission of such User Generated Content does not violate these Conditions and will not violate any rights of, or cause injury to, any person or entity. You further grant SEW FYI the right to pursue at law any person or entity that violates your or SEW FYI’s rights in the User Generated Content by a breach of these Conditions. User Generated Content submitted by users is deemed non-confidential and SEW FYI is under no obligation to treat such User Generated Content as proprietary information. Without limiting the foregoing, SEW FYI reserves the right to use the User Generated Content as it deems appropriate, including, without limitation, deleting, editing, modifying, rejecting, or refusing to post it. SEW FYI is under no obligation to offer you any payment for User Generated Content or to attribute authorship of User Generated Content to you. If, nonetheless, it is determined that you retain moral rights (including rights of attribution or integrity) in the User Generated Content, you hereby agree that (A) you do not require that any personally identifying information be used in connection with the User Generated Content, or any derivative works of, or upgrades or updates thereto; (B) you do not oppose the publication, use, modification, deletion and exploitation of the User Generated Content by SEW FYI or its agents; (C) you waive and will not claim or assert any entitlement to any moral rights of an author in any of the User Generated Content; and (D) you release SEW FYI from any claims that you could otherwise assert against SEW FYI by virtue of any moral rights.