Revision June 2014
- The Studio shall be known “Sew FYI” (hereinafter referred to as “the Studio”).
- Customers of the Studio are bound as a condition of participation to comply with the rules set out below. This is to ensure that the facilities are properly and safely used and that all customers have full advantage of them without interfering with the enjoyment of others.
- The Studio shall be operated as a proprietary sewing facility located at Los Angeles. The Studio will be administered by its Manager and/or such persons as the Owner will decide.
- The Owner has sole responsibility for the control and operation of the Studio. The extent of the facilities of the Studio and any additions, deletions or replacements thereof shall be at the Owner’s sole discretion.
- By participating in the services of the Studio, customer automatically accepts and agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions and Privacy Term of the Studio.
- The Owner shall have absolute discretion to reject any applications for participation or renewal of packages; or cancel any prepaid services, without giving any reason for doing so. In any such case, any appropriate refund of all or part of any fees will be made.
- Schedules are available online and will be updated at least 14 days in advance.
- Customers may register for scheduled workshops, events and membership services any time prior to their scheduled time.
- Cancelation must be made no less than 48 hours prior to scheduled times.
- No refunds are available for cancellations within 48 hours or for No Shows.
- No refunds are available on prepaid service packages.
- The Owner and Management of the Studio reserve the right to require any customer, guest or person to leave the Studio premises at any time.
- In the event of Direct Debit being returned to the Studio unpaid, prepaid services may be rejected or canceled until the outstanding balance and an administration fee are paid.
- The Owner may withdraw use of all or part of the facilities of the Studio for the purpose of undertaking maintenance work or any other work considered necessary. Compensation will not be given for any such closures.
- Customers are entitled to use the Studio during normal opening hours when workshops or events are scheduled, or when accompanied by a staff member.
Members’ guests are welcome but will not be allowed to use of the facility without the permission of staff member. Guests must exit the facility when the member’s leave.
- The Owner and Management of the Studio reserve the right to restrict the numbers of persons using the Studio at any one time.
- The Studio Management reserves the right to utilize the Studio facilities for special events, workshops or other activities it may deem desirable.
- Participation in services is restricted to person aged 7 and over.
- Monthly membership begins on the day you sign up and will expire 30 consecutive days after that date. When the month expires, you have a 48-hour grace period to determine if you will continue or terminate membership. In either case, you must notify management. If you decide to discontinue your membership, you must clear your shelf within 48 hours. If you do not contact management, your shelf will be cleared and all items will be donated and/or discarded.
Code of Conduct
- All customers’ area is expected to behave properly in the interest of the correct use and enjoyment of the Studio.
- Any customer whose conduct is considered to be detrimental to the best interests of the Studio or its reputation may have his/her membership suspended or terminated.
- Customers and guests are required to dress in a proper manner appropriate to the various Studio activities.
- All equipment is to be returned to its correct position and clean your station after use.
- No equipment may be bought in and used in the Studio without the consent of the Management.
Animals and Pets
- We love animals and pets. Unfortunately, the building we at do not permitted us to have animals and pets inside the building.
- Each customer engaged in the activities of the Studio and making use of its facilities is responsible for insuring that he/she is properly equipped and nor to any other person making use of the Studio.
- The Studio accepts no liability for accident, injury or misadventure caused by any person whilst using the Studio. Customers and guests are responsible for their own insurance arrangements in respect of any injuries, which may be suffered by them, or caused to them by any third party whilst using the Studio facilities.
- Personal belongings are the responsibility of the customer and may not be left unattended. In particular, the Studio does not accept any responsibility for loss or damage to the valuables of any person while on the Studio premises.
- The Management reserves the right to amend and add to these Terms and Conditions as it sees fit and customers should observe any amended or additional conditions or rules, so made.
Complaints and Disputes
- Any complaints concerning the Studio or dispute or difference about the interpretation of these Terms and Conditions, shall be referred to the Owner of the Studio whose decision shall be final and binding.
- For safety reasons the studio must be kept clean. Clients are required to keep their needle tools while using the facility. Customers must clean the equipment and workspace after usage. It is basic courtesy for each individual to thoroughly clean-up.
- Most of us are here to relax and enjoy the therapeutic benefits sewing has to offer. Therefore, we ask that you be considerate and quiet. Although we promote community and peer review, please use discretion before immediately engaging in conversation with other members.
- Please see privacy terms for details.
Change of the terms
- Sew FYI reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to change the Terms under which www.sewfyi.com is offered. The most current version of the Terms will supersede all previous versions. Sew FYI encourages you to periodically review the Terms to stay informed of our updates.